Friday, August 14, 2009

Ok, Ok...

So Liz has noticed my lack of posts these past days, and called me on it. I confess...I have been either exhausted beyond belief, or canning pearsauce like crazy. Truly, I haven't spent much time on the computer, just a few minutes here and there, and I haven't seen much of note to post.

One deal I will pass on, is the coupon here, $3 /1 Comforts diapers at King Soopers. I printed my 2 coupons, and went this morning. I was able to get a package of 40 size 3 diapers for $4.80? $4.20? Something in there. However, if you want to spend a little less, they did have packages with a few less diapers, still the Comforts brand, for $5.99 instead of $6.99. I was hurrying and didn't stop to really be positive which was the better per diaper price, but either way, it beats generic regular price at Walmart. If you go get some, you might want to look around for a Nabisco coupon book/calendar that has some great savings on snack items. I found a stack of them in the back of the store near the dairy, in the Austin Bluffs store.

A final note, Sunflower Farmer's Market-the store, is doing a "Farmer's Market" "in the sun" from 10-2 tomorrow, Saturday the 15th. There will be "special produce prices" and since that's where I got the cheap-o pears, and a great deal on grapes last week, I'm very interested in these special produce prices. Maybe I'll see you there?!


UPDATE--Sunflower Market's special sale is probably not worth a special trip. 10-lb potatoes for $2 a bag, $.88 each for several items, mango, eggplant and others. $2.50 honeydew. 8 for $1 pears--comparable to the $.33/lb from last week. $2.50 for a 3 lb bag of apples, I think they were Fuji. My favorite find, since I haven't seen it anywhere else all summer-Thyme! Fresh and ready to grow more, but with about 3 times as much as I get at the commissary, just $2.99! I use fresh time a lot with poultry, especially when I'm roasting a whole bird. And it's so expensive! But it freezes well-as do most herbs, so this is a great investment! Already I think I've saved money on Thyme for this fall!
Happy saving!

No comments:

Post a Comment