Thursday, August 20, 2009

Shortcuts...a different approach.

Shortcuts are a little confusing. I admit it, and I get it. If you're still confused maybe this will help. Have you ever used the gas discount at King Soopers, or Safeway? Think of it like this. Just like the gas discount gets loaded onto your store card when you reach that $100 mark, shortcuts and cellfire coupons are electronic coupons that you can load onto your store card from home. The savings are available when you purchase the product. You don't get your gas discount on your milk, you get it on gas. If you load the Trix coupon onto your card, the next time you purchase Trix, it'll automatically apply that electronic coupon, in addition to any paper coupons or store discounts that apply. They do expire after a while, just like the gas discount and regular coupons, but you don't have to remember them or do anything once they're loaded. Just check back for new ones now and then.

Honestly, I've not really thought about them much to this point. I'd load them up and get a nice surprise every now and then. But this weeks King Soopers deals combined with my new effort to stick to our written budget have got me paying close attention so I can maximize my savings.

I hope this helps.

No comments:

Post a Comment