Wednesday, August 19, 2009

This week...

So I didn't see anything impressive at Sunflower Market this week, unless the avacados and tomatoes are something you would use. $.77 each and $.67/lb respectively. Albertson's has their store brand mac n cheese for $.25, but that's all I might be interested in there. And Rancho Liborio has 4 cucumbers for $.97, pears 2lbs for $.97 and Jicama $.57/lb all week, and pears are 3lbs $.97 today only.

Here's a coupon for Jello!

I have now canned about 22 quarts of pears-some halved, some sauced, as well as 16 pints of pear jelly--probably that much left to do of jelly. I have dehydrated LOTS as well, and any new pears will be dehydrated. I am thrilled with my pioneerish efforts, and hope that apples go on sale soon so I can do a bunch of applesauce and dehydrate them, and jelly them too! Except that just thinking about it makes me tired...so maybe I won't do so many. over 150lbs of pears is a LOT! Also, I attempted a batch of pear butter, but it burned--I was able to salvage about 2/3 of it, I'm guessing about 2 quarts worth.

My savings tip for today: Every time you go shopping watch for coupons-peelies, tear pads, blinkies, etc...and snag a few if they are products you use often...Then watch the sales and match them up! That's where my battery deal came from today (4AA for $3 cash back after MIR!) And have FUN!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment