Saturday, July 11, 2009

I get my coupons from...

the store. Often, there will be coupons attached to product packaging in the store, or in the red SmartSource "blinkie" dispensers. If I know I will use the coupon, but not that day, I usually grab a couple. Some stores, like the comissary, have coupon fliers in designated areas of the store. And sometimes, other customers leave coupons on the shelves near products--I've been known to do this when expiration is looming and I know I won't use the coupon.

the printer. Printable coupons are all over the place. I'll be putting up links here when things match up or are too good not to print, but smartsource.com and coupons.com are two of the best sites for grocery coupons. For example, pair this coupon: http://www.3m.com/us/home_leisure/nexcare/maynewslettercoupon.pdf
with Target's travel package-if they give you a hard time be willing to walk out without it and try again when different staff are working--to get FREE bandaids! Or use this awesome coupon: http://www.gatherroundthegrill.com/coupon.php?store ! To maximize your savings on this one, look for markdown meat.

the web. Ebay is a great place to look for coupons. I recently ordered 10 $1 off on fresh Tyson chicken coupons for under $2. So once I use 2 coupons, I will be into real savings...and I have the freezer space to make use of 10 coupons in a short time frame. And we eat chicken ALL THE TIME! I'll look for the smallest packages to get the most bang for my buck. I also order coupons from thecouponclippers.com fairly often. With a minimum order of $3 in coupons, low shipping and administrative fees, I usually spend about $5 on coupons that will save me around $45-50, and since I often use coupons at Safeway and King Soopers-where they double up to $1, I save even more than that!

the MOM. I don't get the paper, but my mother does. So every now and then, when she thinks about it or I'm visiting, she gives me the coupons from her paper. These cost me nothing, and she isn't going to use them anyway! If you know someone gets the paper but doesn't "do" coupons, you might consider asking them if you can make use of them.

Once you start really paying attention, you'll be amaze at how many great coupons are out there, and what you can save with them. I consistently save 30-50% with my coupons, and that really adds up! I am in the stockpiling stage, so I'm spending the same amount as always, but getting a lot more for that $$ every time I shop.

Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment