Friday, July 24, 2009

I haven't forgotten

I promise I'll be posting more deals soon...I know there are a few good ones at Staples next week...I just haven't seen any really amazing deals that need posting the last couple days. And I've been busy saving my family money. Really. By the end of the night I'll have baked 16 loaves of bread over the last two days. How does that save us money? Because we are all happy with a slice of homemade bread for a snack, we save what we would have spent on anything else; bread works out to what, $.10 a slice, maybe? I should figure that out. 25 lbs flour for 25 loaves = about $5...yeast for 128 loaves= about $4...margarine=$.08 a loaf, 4 lbs sugar=1.80 for18 loaves, honey=?? salt=$.05 maybe a loaf, milk=$.10 a loaf...what does that add up to a loaf??? I have no idea...but someday, I'll figure it out. I promise. Happy saving!

No comments:

Post a Comment